Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Holy Life.

I wanted to keep this as a personal space to reflect on my life, kind of like a yearbook I can keep to myself.  I really let this yearbook get away from me!

To catch myself up, since Nashville, I've gone to prom and Disney World with my love, graduated high school, began college (big girl!), started a small business, gotten a job and have enjoyed every second of it.  This summer was rough, I needed school to start so I could move on with my life to being an official college student.  & honestly, I love college.  I enjoy the learning process, the activities available, and the activities I plan to start!

As a freshman, the typical plan goes as follows: adjust to being away from home, get really close with your dorm mate, get used to piles of homework, party, and volunteer for small projects in clubs/sororities/frats/etc.  I'll be honest, I didn't do any of that.  I decided to stay home and commute to my local university, which was a fantastic decision regarding how that reflects on my grades.  New friends that I've made are from about 2 1/2 hours away so they live on campus, and the campus life is getting the best of their grades.  I can get away from the chaos of living around kids, and can focus quietly and drink my mommom's iced tea as I work on an online exam.  Exams and homework are way way way (way) harder than high school, I could get away with minimal to no studying for high school tests and quizzes and pass with flying colors.  Now I have to dedicate hours to studying for exams that are sometimes three to four days away.  But this adjustment wasn't a huge shock to me, as moving up in my education always gets more challenging.  I've enjoyed the challenge, and so far have adjusted really well, I'm very happy with my grades at the moment.

Aside from the grades, I began working at my university last week!  Again, all good news.  I enjoy it, the time goes fast, every one is super friendly, and I'm getting paid to do something!  It feels so liberating.  & what I plan to do is to allocate those funds in four different piles: long term savings (portfolio), Christmas money for my boyfriend and family, weekly spending on food, gas, etc., and spending for my new business.  Two months ago I was approached to dress up as (basically my idol) Belle from Beauty and the Beast, at a little girl's birthday party.  I bought the dress, did my hair, acted her out, and loved every moment of it.  So I decided to expand this to a part time thing, I could dress up as a princess for birthday parties and learn how to run a business in the process.  This weekend I have another Belle party, and in two weeks I have my first Rapunzel party.

All awesome things going on, and I could mention even more things but I'll cut it short for now.  When my other crazy ideas and projects develop, I will continue to write it all down in my personal yearbook!  For now, back to homework and election watching, I'm very interested to see how this all unfolds!

Maddie :)

Check out my other links!
Tumblr: http://mermaid-maddie.tumblr.com
Polyvore: http://mermaid-maddie.polyvore.com
Pintrest: https://www.pinterest.com/mermaidmaddiee/

No comments:

Post a Comment